Love your workout: Abs focus
Here are two of our favorite workouts. All you'll need is a yoga mat or a soft surface.
1) Lie on your back, bend your knees and keep your feet flat on the floor.
2) Engage your pelvic floor, lifting up your hips at the same time. Lift in a controlled manner, pausing for two seconds halfway up if possible
3) Continue slowly lifting up and holding until your back is at about 45 degrees from the floor. Release your pelvic floor muscles and slowly lower down.
1) Lie on your back, legs bent, feet planted on the ground and lift your hips up from the floor and contract your pelvic floor muscles.
2) Holding the poise, start lifting your legs up, one at a time, as if you were marching. Repeat 15 times.
3) Release slowly as you lower yourself gently to the floor.
Remember, if you find it difficult to contract your pelvic floor, try imagining you're zipping your jeans up from the inside - you will soon get the hang of it.
The medical information in this article is provided as an information resource only and is not to be used or relied on for any diagnostic or treatment purposes. Please consult your doctor for guidance about a specific medical condition.