How to upgrade your Elvie Pump’s firmware
Your Elvie Pump is smart. This means that we can improve its performance with regular firmware upgrades. Keeping your Pump’s firmware up to date is really important. It will give you access to all our latest innovations and improvements.
This page explains how to upgrade your firmware.
If you need more help, there are some useful links at the bottom of the page.
Getting ready for an upgrade
The only way to upgrade your Pump’s firmware is by using the Pump with Elvie app. If you don’t have it on your phone, you need to download it now.
You will also need to set up an Elvie account. This is free and can be done from the app.
Starting a firmware upgrade
- Fully charge your Elvie Pump
- Turn it on and connect your Pump to the app
- If you are prompted to upgrade your firmware, tap ‘yes’ to upgrade
- You will get a notification to let you know how long your upgrade will take. It will be between 2 and 10 minutes depending on your existing firmware
- While you are making this upgrade, both your Pump and your phone will be out of action
If you have not been prompted to upgrade your firmware, check for a red icon next to ‘Account’ in the app menu.
If you have fully charged your Elvie Pump and do not see the red icon next to the word ‘Account’ you are on the latest version of the firmware. This is version 7.39.1. No further action is needed.
If you see the red icon, you have two options. The first is a background upgrade:
- With the Pump connected, wait for up to 10 minutes
- You can use your phone and Pump during this time, just be sure to keep them connected
- During the 10 minute period, you will be prompted to upgrade in the app
- Your upgrade will take 2 minutes. During this time you will not be able to use your Pump or your phone
- You will need to repeat this process on both Pumps if you use two
You can trigger an upgrade manually if you would like to. To do this, tap the red icon. The upgrade will take between 2 and 10 minutes depending on your existing firmware. You will not be able to use your phone or Pump during this time.